2019 SWE RICHMOND SECTION SCHOLARSHIP
The Richmond section of the Society of Women Engineers is pleased to announce our 2019 scholarship. The application is available below.
The SWE Richmond scholarship is a $1,000 , one-time award open to those who identify as a woman and are entering the field of engineering or computer science. The eligibility requirements for applicants are as follows:
- Identify as female and be entering her first year of college/university. Applicants must live or attend high school in one of the following municipalities:
- Cities: Richmond, Colonial Heights, Hopewell and Petersburg
- Counties: Charles City, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, New Kent, Powhatan, and Prince George
- Attend an ABET-accredited school to receive a bachelor’s degree.
- Major in engineering or computer science. Engineering technology programs are not eligible.
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident.
- Complete and email all required documents by the deadline of April 1, 2018.
- If selected as a scholarship recipient, be able to provide proof of enrollment.
The application is available below. The completed application (in PDF format) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 1, 2019. Recommendations may be emailed directly by the writer. If US mail is required for any portion of the application, email us to request the mailing address. Interviews of candidates, if necessary, will be held in early-May. All scholarship recipients will be notified by May 21, 2019.
We offer one scholarship worth $1,000. Our scholarship was established in 1989 by Dominion Virginia Power and endowed with the SWE Board of Trustees in 2016 with additional corporate and SWE member contributions. The members of SWE are committed to the mission of encouraging engineering as a career choice for young women.