It is completely free to join the Richmond Society of Women Engineers, but we encourage all of our members to become Society Members as well. Please click the button below to learn more about SWE Society Memberships. When you sign up make sure to sign up as a member of the Richmond SWE Section!
Employers, please click the SWE Corporate Membership button below to learn more about corporate benefits of joining SWE.
Some benefits of becoming a Society Member include:
Education and Development:
SWE's education and outreach activities are designed to enhance the quality of life for women of all backgrounds who pursue the profession of engineering.
- Scholarship opportunities for all educational and professional levels, including undergraduate and graduate students, and women re-entering the workforce as engineers (at national and section levels).
- Reduced fees for admittance to national and regional education conferences that offer networking, professional development, seminars, workshops, and leadership training.
Resources and Information:
As a worldwide leader in engineering knowledge and support, SWE is a partner you can turn to for advanced, relevant information about women in technical careers.
- SWE Magazine—the Society's award-winning magazine, covering issues of interest to women engineers including the achievements of women engineers, career development, career guidance, activities within the Society, and technical topics.
- All Together, SWE's monthly newsletter.
- Webinars and podcasts.
- Online career center where you can manage your resume and search hundreds of jobs posted monthly by SWE's sponsors.
- Outreach programs that encourage girls to pursue careers in engineering through SWE's alliances with Girls Inc., Girl Scouts, and US FIRST (Foundation for the Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology).